Our Roofing Replacement Process
Time to replace your roof? Learn all about The Aluminum Company of North Carolina’s expert roof replacement process in the video below. Company owner Jeff Monsein narrates as photos display each step of the roof replacement, followed by a comparison of before and after photos.
Visit our roof replacement process photo gallery to view more photos.
Roof replacement process:
- Use dropcloths to cover homeowner’s property
- Remove current roofing shingles and tar paper
- Strip roof down to plywood sheeting
- Identify and repair rotted wood
- Install new trim, drip edge and ice protection
- Install new shingles or metal roofing (many different colors, styles & options available)
- Clean gutters
- Pickup nails, clean work area
- Weatherproof vents and install all new flashing
- Install lead boots at roof penetrations
- Cut in and install a ridge vent for roof ventilation
- Final clean up