Raleigh-Durham Shutters & Shutter Installation
America's early homeowners looked to shutters to protect their windows from raging weather. Today, Raleigh-Durham homeowners use shutters as decorative exclamation points that not only add excitement and charm to your home's exterior, but increase its value as well.
While the traditional shutters of old were in constant need of painting and repair, North Carolina homeowners can now beautify their homes with stunning shutters of authentic design—shutters that will retain their good looks for years, without painting or repairs.
The Aluminum Company of North Carolina proudly installs top quality Mid-America shutters in homes throughout Raleigh-Durham and across the state.
Five Different Types of Shutters from Which to Choose
Whether your home is traditional or contemporary, split level, Colonial or Cape Cod, you'll find just the right shutter for your home from among the styles offered by Mid-America. You can choose from five styles of shutters:
- Louvered shutters—These shutters feature sloping slats (louvers). Each louver is fixed in a slightly open position, with space between the louvers. You can order louvered shutters in single panel or double panel, with one, two or three dividers.
- Raised panel shutters—Solid shutters with no louvers, this style draws on one or more raised panels to create an interesting design.
- Board and batten shutters—Solid shutters that use vertical boards with or without spaces. Horizontal boards connect the vertical boards.
- Shaker shutters—Instead of louvers, shaker shutters use horizontal flat slats of wood (also known as shakers). These are flush to the front of the shutter, with space in between.
- Combination shutters—As the name implies, combination shutters blend together louvers, raised panels, and shaker components.
Maintenance-Free, for Years of Enduring Beauty
All shutters installed by the Aluminum Company are constructed of a durable, long lasting co-polymer material that has been specially formulated to re-create the natural look, texture, and depth of real wood. However, unlike wood, your Mid-America shutters will never warp, rot, discolor or crack. An occasional sprinkling from the garden hose is all that is necessary to keep them looking like new. Shutters are available in 14 decorator colors and a range of sizes and shapes to fit every type of window.
The Aluminum Company is proud to install beautiful Mid-America shutters in homes throughout the Raleigh-Durham area. Please contact us today so that we can show you how beautiful your home will look with new, maintenance-free shutters.