Window Replacement Process
When it’s time for a new window installation, call Raleigh-Durham’s best: The Aluminum Company of North Carolina. Our factory-trained window installers provide excellent service from the time they arrive at your home with your new custom-made windows until the replacement is complete and the job area is clean. Read below to learn more about our window replacement process.
For a closer look of the window installation process, see our window process photo gallery.
Window replacement process:
- Measure the existing window & window opening to ensure a perfect fit
- Remove the existing window
- Make sure the window opening is properly flashed
- In the case of wood siding, we cut a ⅛ in. opening beside the window & install trim behind the siding to ensure that no water can enter
- Insert the new, custom-made vinyl window
- Pack the window with insulation for energy efficiency & a proper fit
- Make sure the window is trimmed & clad properly on the exterior
- Caulk the new window
- Clean the windows & ensure all components fit very tightly